Monday, November 30, 2009

Moving again




Where did the last two months go?I have to be a masochist since I subjected myself to moving yet again.I'm still officially at Edisto but I bought a little house in Oxford, GA where I lived for more than 20 years. I was able to get stuff out of storage that had been there since Howard and I had a parting of the ways.I've wrestled with rugs, big boxes and all manner of heavy storage bins but I've finally gotten most everything in this house and was able to host Thanksgiving here.


The house was in pretty good shape but needed updating. It still does but it has been painted, inside and out and I put a light hickory laminate over the old dark tile floors. Now I am working on planting some perennials and shrubs that will bloom in the spring.


As much as I love Edisto, Oxford feels like home and I'm enjoying my old friends, church and the sense of community that is here.However, I'm a gypsy at heart and look forward to going back to Edisto next week.


The second photo is part of the new Oxford Trail that begins off my street.

No comments: